I draw, write and synthezise to communicate the essence of people’s ideas. I often work in teams, for corporate clients and the public sector, cultural and educational institutions, businesses and individuals. Visualization is my key to successful projects: a native tool to facilitate creative solutions in real time (both in large-sized graphic recordings and small sketchnotes) and to produce the fitting media format for specific missions and audiences.
My visual style adapts to the project need and context, varying from simple to complex, abstract to realistic – always serving the clarity of your vision. Are you interested in learning from me and my methods? I’m a passionate teacher, too.
- clients & project partners:
communication technology businesses and urban insitutions (e.g. Annette Weber, ODS – Office Data Service GmbH, World Heritage Management of the City of Regensburg)
COMIC | MANGA | STORYBOARD:
local magazines for neighborhood managements in Berlin (Kiezmagazin Brunnen 1/4, DRAN)
Graphic journalism comic “Vecindad” (Mexico City thesis research)
Webmanga “Tokyo Mosaic”
Short stories published in German and Japanese for the manga anthologies “Baito Oh” and “Deai”
- storyboard use:
Visualizing ideas in the making of a storytelling process.
Team communication and personal planning tool.
consultancy businesses and urban institutions (i.e. lokation:s, Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung, relevantive GmbH, diverse neighborhood managements)
- other fields:
fashion (Guédiawaye Marseille)
music (Samirah Al-Amrie)
- client & project partner:
neighborhood management Marzahn NordWest, LOKATION:S
- editorial work: conception, producing and publishing of the local magazine DRAN; journalistic writing and visual design.
URBAN RESEARCH VISUALIZATION:
- client & project partner:
Senatsverwaltung für Stadtentwicklung Berlin, Urban Expert
- research | consultancy: study on the architecture and town planning of the IBA ’87. Recommendations for the preservation of its cultural value. Communication through pictograms, illustrations and cartoons.
- project framework: Julia Kleeberger‘s doctoral thesis “The future of maps in the automotive context“
- visualization: user journeys, map and interface designs for an interactive route guidance system
- Graphic journalism pilot project:
Comic “Vecindad” based on my thesis research on old-town neighborhoods in Mexico City.
VISUALIZATION | WORKSHOPS:
- clients & partners (i.a.):
Anderer & Partner,
cultures interactive e.V.,
Derby Cycle Holding GmbH (Kalkhoff),
Embassy of Japan in Germany,
Klassik Stiftung Weimar,
>> READ ON (Visualization):
>> READ ON (Workshops):
- Manga Performance on Tokyo Homelessness (2014)
@ HAU with and for Ren Saibara’s performance “Wachsen Wachsen Wachsen”.
- RBB TV Broadcast of a Manga documenting two Berlin based Japanese football players (2014)
documented in my blog post Storytelling connects: How manga meets football and motivates.
Share your thoughts.